Wednesday, September 26, 2007

sitcom secrets revealed by ken levine

For those of you interested in writing for television, Ken Levine will be holding a FREE teleseminar on Tuesday, October 2nd from 4-5pm PDT. Who's Ken Levine, you ask? From his blog:

"Ken Levine is an Emmy winning writer/director/producer/major league baseball announcer. In a career that has spanned over 30 years Ken has worked on MASH, CHEERS, FRASIER, THE SIMPSONS, WINGS, EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, BECKER, DHARMA & GREG, and has co-created his own series including ALMOST PERFECT starring Nancy Travis. He and his partner wrote the feature VOLUNTEERS. Ken has also been the radio/TV play-by-play voice of the Baltimore Orioles, Seattle Mariners, San Diego Padres."

If it isn't already on your blogroll, check out Ken's blog, By Ken Levine, which is "The world as seen by a TV comedy writer". He's been holding a punchline contest, which if you'll read the submissions so far, just goes to show how hard it is to write good comedy.

Did I mention that the teleseminar is FREE? Ken writes:

"I’ve been looking for a way to meet my readers – not easy to do since you’re spread out around the world. But I found a way to at least connect by phone. Next Tuesday, October 2nd from 4-5 P.D.T. I’m going to hold a teleseminar. It’s absolutely free, will accommodate the first 150 people, and did I mention it’s free? I’ll be answering your questions about writing – the kind of stuff I’ll be doing in print today, talking about specs, getting agents, tips, whatever you want."

I'm already signed up. He has room for 150 people to participate in the call and you can email your questions to him directly. So if you want to write comedy, write for sitcoms, or just make your writing funnier, I suggest you sign up here. The teleseminar is already half full, so sign up soon if you're interested.